Heritage Academy: Math Summer Program
Mathematics Summer Bridge Program 2018 Registration Check-In Location: Academic Skills Center in the Kathleen Ross Center
Students and Advisors — Please read and understand all details of this contract.
The mathematics program at Heritage University (HU) will offer the opportunity this summer (2018) for you to accelerate your completion of the Heritage University developmental mathematics sequence.
Bridge participants who successfully complete a Summer Bridge Program course module (94/95/96), will be able to take the next appropriate course in the Heritage University mathematics sequence provided that the course is taken during the Summer 2018 or the Fall 2018 semesters. Social science and English majors who complete the Math 95 Beginning Algebra curriculum during the Bridge Program will be able take Math 221 Introduction to Statistics or SOC 220 Applied Social Statistics during the fall term.
MORNING SESSION 1- DATES & TIMES:
May 8th – May 25th , Monday — Friday, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
EVENING SESSION – DATES & TIMES:
May 8th – May 25th , Monday — Friday, 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM
MORNING SESSION 2 – DATES & TIMES:
June 4th – August 17th , Monday—Friday, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
AFTERNOON SESSION 2- DATES & TIMES:
June 4th – August 17th , Monday—Friday, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
EVENING SESSION 2- DATES & TIMES:
June 4th – August 17th , Monday—Friday, 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM
BRIDGE ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY
Session 1 Attendance Requirements:
Students may not begin Session 1 after the May 8th start date (late registrations will not be accepted). Students may miss at most one day per week. Showing up more than 15 minutes late counts as a missed day and leaving early counts as a missed day. Students who miss more than one day in any given week will be dropped from the program and will need to apply for Session 2 if they wish to continue to participate in the Summer Bridge Program. However, if you complete a bridge curriculum before the program’s end date, you do not need to continue to attend.
Session 2 Attendance Requirements:
Session 2 has rolling enrollment—so you can begin attending at any time. To allow for family vacations, students may miss at most 15 days if they begin June 4th – 15th and 10 days otherwise; students who begin in August can miss at most one day per week. Showing up more than 15 minutes late counts as a missed day and leaving early counts as a missed day. Students who miss more than the allocated number of vacation days will be dropped from the Summer Bridge Program. However, if you complete a bridge curriculum before the program’s end date, you do not need to continue to attend.
You will need to have an ALEKS access code that provides you access to our online mathematics curriculum. On the first day of the program, you will be provided a course code. Using this course code, you will need to purchase, with a credit or debit card, an online access code that provides access to the bridge program coursework. A 6-week short course access code is available for about $42 plus tax. The mathematics program cannot purchase the code for you; neither can we accept cash payments for the access code.
You are eligible to participate in the mathematics bridge program if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a first-time Heritage University student who has never taken a course at Heritage University (HU) and who intends to take classes at HU during the Fall 2018 semester. You will be placed in the bridge program based on your placement results as determined by the HU director of placement testing.
- (OR) you are a readmitted HU student who (1) intends to take courses at HU during the Fall 2018 semester and (2) who was required to retake the mathematics placement test in order to be readmitted. You will be placed in the bridge program based on your placement results rather than on the last math course that you successfully completed at HU.
- (OR) you are a continuing HU student who took and passed Math 95 during the Spring 2018 semester at HU.
- (AND) If you are a student who has been conditionally or unconditionally admitted to HU, you must be correctly registered for a math course for the Fall 2018 semester. Students who are not registered for a Fall 2018 mathematics course at HU are not eligible to participate in the Summer Bridge Program.
- If you enrolled in and failed Math 95 or 96 during the Spring 2018 semester, you are not eligible for the Summer Bridge Program.