Did You Know: If you require financial assistance from Heritage, you must contact the Financial Aid office before registration.
The earlier you start the financial aid process, the better! Financial aid arrangements should be made at least 3 months before the first registration to ensure timely credit to your student account. Registration is not officially completed until all financial arrangements have been approved. Plus, the earlier you apply for assistance, the more funds (such as scholarships and grants) that are available!
Here’s how to apply for financial aid:
A – Complete the FAFSA or WASFA:
- Apply at FAFSA.ed.gov OR readysetgrad.org/WASFA
- You can now complete your FAFSA by downloading the myStudentAid app and completing right on your phone:
- Financial aid awards will only be determined once Heritage receives your student aid report and you have been officially or conditionally admitted.
B – Submit any additional documentation requested:
- Students selected for verification will receive a request for additional documentation.
- Verification forms are available on myHeritage and our website.
C – Your financial aid awards:
- After all verification documents are received and processed, you will receive an award letter.
- You must then sign and return the award letter.
D – Types of awards:
- Student loans: entrance counseling and a master promissory note (mpn) must be completed at studentloans.gov
- Grants: Washington State Need Grant, Pell Grant, FSEOG, or TEACH grant.
- Scholarships: Institutional Named Scholarships
E – Refunds:
- Once all your awards are posted onto your student account, any remaining balance will be refunded to you in a check.