Transfer Students

Making the Change to Heritage

Ready to Start Unstoppable You?

Are you ready to make the switch to Heritage? We’ll make it easy! Transfer students or students with a baccalaureate degree should follow these steps to continue their education here at Heritage:

  • Submit Transcripts

    An official transcript from each college/university attended. A high school transcript is also required of students who have not completed a Washington State AA-DTA (Associate of Arts-Direct Transfer Agreement). If you have completed college credits in another country we require a foreign transcript evaluation. Transcript evaluation can be done by any of the organizations with the membership in NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services). We suggest the following companies; World Education Services and Foundation for International Services. Please see the links below for detailed information regarding a foreign credential evaluation:

    • WES (World Education Services)
    • FIS (Foundation for International Services)
  • Transfer Credits

    Students who have completed the appropriate associate of arts transfer degree from Washington community colleges are admitted with junior standing at Heritage.

    Transfer credits are generally accepted from regionally accredited (or candidate) colleges and universities. To learn more about transfer credit restrictions, please visit our catalog.

  • Complete Placement Assessment

    A Heritage University placement assessment is required of students who have less than an A.A. degree. Exceptions are considered on an individual basis.


If you attended Columbia Basin College and are interested in transferring to Heritage University, please see the Transfer Guide below:

CBC Transfer Guide