Heritage University CARES Act Funding Informational Page
Updated as of July 5, 2020
Heritage University, as directed by Office of Postsecondary Education, is providing the following information with regard to the institution’s acceptance and distribution of Student-targeted CARES Act funding.
- Heritage University signed and returned the CARES Act Certification and Agreement to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students on April 13, 2020.
- Heritage University received $641,822 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants for Students.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is $401,300 as of the date posted above.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 740. Additional students may be able to apply for emergency assistance once eligibility is verified.
- 740 students have received a base allocation of $500 from the CARES Act. 57 students have received an additional allocation of, on average, $549. This represents allocations ranging from $100 to $1,800.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Phase I – Immediate distribution. Because we understand the needs of our community, the population we serve and needs of our students as well as the nature of our local economy, we made a judicious decision based on internal and external data to use a portion of our total student allocated funding to give all eligible students a base amount of funding of $500 immediately. Phase II allocations are made by students submitting individual requests for funding. All funding allocate to students is to support students that have continued extenuating financial hardships due to the Corona Virus.
- Andrew Sund, President for Heritage University provided the initial guidance on the CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Dr.Sund’s Letter to Students
- For information on the CARES Act please contact:
Melissa ‘Mel’ Hill, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
3240 Fort Road
Toppenish, WA 98948-9562
(509) 865-0411 Phone
(888) 272-6190 Toll Free
(509) 969-4013 Text or Message
- To request a full copy of the report please email Hill_M@heritage.edu
- For students seeking additional funding that qualify for the CARES Act Emergency Funding in accordance with the CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants.