Applicants to the BSN Program should apply to the program using the NursingCAS.
To apply to the BSN program via NursingCAS, visit http://www.nursingcas.org and click “Apply Here” to initiate your application. Then, click on “Create Account” and complete the required fields in order to start your application. View this short instructional video on how to complete a NursingCAS application.
Additionally, please review the information below carefully and we recommend that you review this information before you begin your application as well.
Although, some sections of the NursingCAS application are marked “optional” please follow the guidelines below for Heritage University’s requirements and note that your application will not be considered until ALL elements listed below under “Requirements” are completed and submitted.
Application Steps and Admission Requirements
Complete the NursingCAS Application and all the application requirements outlined in the Heritage University Nursing Admission Guide. Follow instructions below on how to submit the documentation
Students fulfilling prerequisites at any accredited university or community college are eligible for application to the BSN program. Completion of prerequisites does not guarantee acceptance into the BSN program. Selection of applicants is competitive, and is based on review of requirements for admission to the BSN program.
To be considered for selection, Heritage University pre-nursing student applicants are required to complete the following:
Required Prerequisites – Each of the following college level courses must be completed with C+ or better:
- 4 semester or 5 quarter credits of Introduction to General Chemistry with lab
- 4 semester or 5 quarter credits of Organic and Biochemistry with lab
- 4 semester or 5 quarter credits of Introduction to Biology with lab
- 3 semester or 5 quarter credits of college Math equivalent to MATH 140 at Heritage University
- 3 semester or 5 quarter credits of college English
- 3 semester or 5 quarter credits of college Psychology or Sociology
GPA – Overall College must be 3.0 or higher, with overall science GPA of 2.75 or better.
Success on the HESI Admission Assessment Exam (HESI-A2). Subjects tested on the exam include: Mathematics, reading, vocabulary, grammar, chemistry, biology, anatomy and physiology. Information about the HESI A2 testing can be accessed by clicking on the link, above.
Complete an Application to the BSN program, available from the NursingCAS Application Portal.
- Sign and submit a waiver for a background check, available from the Application Portal.
- Submit an essay – a two page statement of education, experience, career goals and personal mission as it relates to the BSN role.
- Submit three (3) completed reference forms provided in the Application Portal (one must be from professors and/or employer).
Admission Interview may be required.
Items to be mailed to NursingCAS
All official transcripts must be mailed from each issuing institution’s registrar’s office directly to NursingCAS. In order to expedite the processing be sure to include the Transcript Request Form. NursingCAS processes your transcripts on behalf of school. NursingCAS cannot process transcripts stamped with “Issued to Student”.
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
Mailing Address for Certified Mail, FedEx or UPS ONLY:
NursingCAS Transcript Department
311 Arsenal Street
Watertown, MA 02472