The Office of Advising is located in the HUD Building (2200) and serves pre-major undergraduate students (freshman, transfer and re-admit) attending Heritage through the Toppenish campus.
To make an appointment, contact the Office of Advising at (509) 865-0725 or Advising@heritage.edu. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00 pm. To schedule an appointment outside of standard business hours, please request a convenient time by providing 24 hours advance notice.
Student Handouts and Forms
- The Advising Syllabus provides students with guidelines, expectations, important information, and dates pertaining to the student’s first year at Heritage University. The Advising Syllabus is designed to help you make informed choices about your educational path.
- The Collaborative Log is used during advising appointments to discuss what is working well for the student as well as discuss any challenges that the student is facing. The Collaborative Log is also utilized as an opportunity for goal setting for the student and for their advisor to assist in reaching the goals and achieving student academic success.
- The Academic Course Planner a working document for the student to input their prior courses taken, current courses enrolled in and future planned courses to map out their time at Heritage University. The Curriculum Planner is a great document to determine the course load needed each semester as well as length of time needed to reach your set goal of graduation!
- The Guide to Preparing for Advising Appointments helps students plan ahead for academic and advising meetings with their Advisor or Instructor. This guide is a general list of questions and topics that may be addressed and is a great tool to help students get the most out of their advisory appointments.
- The Guide to Printing an Advising Worksheet provides students with step-by-step instructions on how to access and print course needs to meet general university requirements and program requirements needed in order to graduate.
- The Time Management Log is used by students to map out their weekly course schedules and coordinate available study times.